Thursday, April 22, 2010

One day at a Time


It's a mix of Baffling Cuteness with the turtle riders from the last post. There's another sketch missing somewhere with a girl riding on a turtle as well haha. Gotta scan that in when I can find it. The guy with the funny looking teeth isn't totally random. I usually draw people with funny teeth as a warmup. Or creatures with funny teeth. I dunno why, it's just fun to do.

Since turtles, or tortoises, are recurring themes in the last while, I thought I should check up on the meanings behind them symbolically. From a dream dictionary it says:

Tortoise

To see a tortoise in your dream, suggests that you need to take some chances in order to get ahead in life. The opportunities for advancement are opened to you, but you need to take the next step. The tortoise also symbolizes perseverance, determination, and longevity. Alternatively, the tortoise may represent the need to be sheltered or protected from life's problems.

This can be quite accurate for real life as well. I do need to take the next step for the upcoming gallery piece and payment fees. I'll post more about that once I get past the initial stages.

No comments: