Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March Madness Thirteeeen


Oh boy. This was alot of fun to draw. It's a partial scrying pic. I sat there on the couch trying to get myself pysched up for drawing. While sitting there doing that, I was staring indirectly ahead to a pillow which caught my eye after some time, resulting in a slight image of a bird resting in the gardens. Bird creatures usually show up in my scryings alot for some reason. While looking at the bird head, I thought about drawing it and said "Nah, looks too comical." After some time later, I begin to see a skull emerge from under the foliage. "Oooh! Hell yeah that looks awesome!" So I just had to draw it.

It's probably the first time I've drawn flowers since my post secondary school days. It was so daunting to see all the patterns displayed before me and looking for a specific flower at a specific spot without losing it. So in order to draw it, I had to rely on alot of blind contour drawing for them. By the time I got done drawing this picture, my brain was buzzing madly.

bic pen on 8x15 computer paper
Slight editing on Pshop (darkening bird's head + gradient layer for the overall image)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow thats an insane amount of detail duder!

Mind Miner said...

Aw come on, it's not that much. Thanks duder! =P