Saturday, February 9, 2008

Uh..*struggles* ...er....ART..uh....*strains*....BLOCKS... *sigh*



I don't know how people can manage to keep their deviant art/websites/blogs updated on a daily basis on top of what they do for a living. For me that requires an extraordinary amount of effort and energy. At least at this point of time it -feels- like that.

But I know for them it's nothing to sneeze at as it is just something they're so accustomed to doing (already a conditioned working habit or a simple workaholic trait). I would love to be able to do this on a regular basis but no matter how much I try, it just comes up way short and usually exhausts me out by the end of the day. There are days where I just sit in front of the computer staring at a blank screen, trying to write something or draw something and nothing would ever come out.

Something must be obstructing the Flow of Everything that goes inside my head. I wonder if it's something that I somehow forgot to do and didn't do that is causing the block, or if I just needed a simple workout of sorts, either by hitting the gym or doing some sort of meditation type of thing to get things flowing freely. It would seem to be the case as sometimes alot of things hold me back. I don't know what it is, whether they're personal issues, fear of baring your soul, being yourself, the lofty expectations of your work being shown to the world or what.

Whatever it is, it's maddening and frustrating and part of the goals that I've set for this year is to find out.

I would love to hear from other artists (even non-artists as we're all artists in a way) what they do to overcome their little (or major) roadblocks that set themselves up before them on a daily basis.

Aside from all that, here are two Annoys that started the Annoy series.

These drawings brought back alot of memories. It's cool how sometimes a drawing helps you to remember where you were, what you were doing at the time, kinda like that"Where were you when JFK got shot" type of thing. This goes way back to November 6, 2002.

Man, time flies. =(

No comments: